1 c Rice,uncooked
1 1/2 c Chicken broth
3 tb Butter or margarine
1 Bay leaf
3/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Tarragon,crushed
1/8 ts Paprika
1/2 c Onion,chopped
1 Garlic clove,minced/pressed
1/4 lb Mushrooms,fresh,sliced
1 1/2 lb Shrimp,medium-size
1 cn Artichoke hearts(14oz)
2 tb Lemon juice,fresh
1/4 c Parsley,chopped
1. Combine in a medium-size saucepan rice, broth 1 tablespoon butter,
bay leaf, salt, tarragon and paprika; bring to a rolling boil. 2. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes, or until all
liquid is absorbed. 3. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a skillet.
5. Add onion and garlic; cook until almost tender.
6. Add mushrooms; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Stir in shrimp, artichoke hearts and tomatoes; drain.
8. Remove bay leaf from rice; fluff rice with fork.
9. Add rice, lemon juice and parsley to shrimp mixture; spoon into
buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole. 10. Keep hot in preheated 300'F. oven until ready to serve; allow 12
to 15 minutes.