1 lb Zucchini -- grated
2 tb Salt
1 pk Active Dry Yeast
1 1/4 c Lukewarm Water
3 1/2 c Flour
-Olive Oil -- for brushing
1. In a colander, alternate layers of grated zucchini and salt. Leave
for 30 mins over a bowl or sink. Then squeeze out the moisture with your hands.
2. Combine the yeast with 1/4 cup of lukewarm water, stir, and leave
to dissolve for 15 mins.
3. Place the zucchini, yeast, and flour in a bowl. Stir together, and
add just enough of the remaining water to obtain a rough dough.
4. Transfer to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a plastic bag, and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hrs.
5. Grease a baking sheet. Punch down dough with fist and knead into a
tapered cylinder. Place on baking sheet, cover, and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 45 mins.
6. Preheat oven to 425 F. Brush with olive oil and bake until golden,
40 to 45 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
The Great American Baking Book - ISBN 0-8317-3971-1 Dan Klepach